The Optimized Life with Amy Guerrero & Jess Janda host Ian Benouis
Episode 4 Show Notes:
How optimizing is a lifetime journey
– Taking care of yourself is the best low side to having a positive impact on the world
– If you know anyone who has served in the military
– Getting through something and not around something is the power of this medicine
This medicine is in phase 3 trials at the FDA
The systematic medicating of our kids
– The western medicine masking to the plant medicine healing journey of our military
Iboga for addiction – the receptor reset
– Customized healing with bufo (toad medicine), ayahuasca, mushrooms (psilocybin), san pedro & peyote
– The fine line between self medicating and healing
You are what you eat and the significance of your 2nd brain (your gut)
– What a guide looks like in this process
– The chemical make up of plant medicine (get into the scientific weeds)
Ian Benouis, JD, is the General Counsel of Veterans for Natural Rights (VNR), a 501c3 dedicated to veteran healing and reintegration. He is a West Point graduate, former Blackhawk helicopter pilot, former US Army officer and combat veteran who participated in Operation Just Cause in the Republic of Panama the biggest operation in history directed towards the War on Drugs.
He has been healing himself for over 25 years with natural earth medicines, a spiritual practice, and as a student and practitioner of ethnobotany. He has organized and participated in numerous trips with veterans to Mexico, Peru and other locations for ethnobotanical healing.
This work has been captured in documentaries including From Shock to Awe and Soldiers of the Vine.
Where to find Ian: https://psychedelicmusalman.com/
Podcast: Psychedelic Time Share